Why use Dynamic Layout?
There are many reasons to use dynamic layout, regardless of whether you use iOS Auto Layout or WeView.
Dynamic layout allows a UI to:
- Adapt to different screen sizes (ie. the iPhone 5+ vs. pre-5 iPhones vs. iPad).
- Adapt to orientation changes (ie. portrait, landscape).
- Adapt to design changes (ie. changing a font size, adding or removing another subview, changing image size, etc.).
- Adapt to text changes as your UI is translated into other languages.
- Adapt to dynamic content, ie. downloaded content.
This becomes even more important with iOS 7, which allows users to adjust text sizes outside of your app.
Next: Why use WeView 2?